Jlaw's Philosophy

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Subway

It's Subway. Crowded place and made me queue up for an hour for the sandwiches. If it is not because of the promotion coupons, I don't think I will be there. People standing and waiting in the small-area, lining up for sandwiches ordering. Don't really understand why everyone is crazy on this fast food restaurant. I think it's mainly because it's newly open and with some special discount, since many of the customers are with some print-out paper on their hand. Anyhow the coupons are to give you a free 6" sandwich with purchase of a 6" sandwich with 2 large soft drinks.

Well, Pik Lay had given her patronage to this shop, so at least we're not too blur with the situation and the style of ordering our meal. After queuing for nearly an hour, we manage to be at the side of the sandwich bar. Here, you can have a clear look at the ingredients that is going to make your sandwich. There are four different types of bread they offer for your choice: hearty Italian, parmesan oregano, Italian and wheat. After having your right choice of bread type, the waitress will take your selected bread from the huge oven, which means they are freshly baked. The breads are 12" long, so she will have to cut the bread into 2 before proceed the following step, if the customer is not ordering for the footlong sandwiches (it cost RM7 extra for this footlong sandwich).

Having the 6" long sandwich, she started to put in 2 small slices of cheese (the size is about half a piece of cheesedal cheese that you can get in the supermarket). I ordered the turkey breast + turkey ham + breakfast stripe sandwich. So she put these three types of ingredients into the microwave for 30 seconds to heat them up, I think cook them as well. Now I understand why it takes us waiting so long in the queue. Imagine each and everyone need to wait for this 30 seconds heat up, how is it possible to make it done so much with only one microwave and one waitress there?

So when they are done, they are placed on the sandwich with the two slices of cheese. Next, this is passed to another waiter. Actually I don't know if I should call them waiter/waitress, just simply. Alright, this waiter is responsible to put in other vegetable stuffs, I think it's more to a garnishing purpose, to make the sandwiches look much more beautiful in colour. This station will have all those lettuces, olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and etc place nicely on the sandwich layer. You can choose to skip some of the ingredients if you don't like them, it reminds me of some ice-kacang or "Qing Bo Leong" in night market, where sometimes we skip the bean or some jelly. It is not that nice looking as what we get to see in the promotion banners, anyhow I don't ask for much. The last part is the sauce part, I can see 7 to 8 bottles of different sauce there, I just pick the mustard and barbeque sauce, leaving all those tomato and chili sauce, terriyaki and mayonnaise. The "sauce waitress" get your sandwiches wrapped with "SUBWAY" wrapping paper, and we're ready to pay at the cashier.

With the coupon, we pay RM16.90 for two sandwiches and two soft drinks. Alright, it’s all depending on what kind of sandwiches are you ordering. It is ranging from RM9.60 to RM11.30. What we took was RM11.30, and the soft drink cost RM2.80. It will add-on RM3.40 to your sandwich to make it a set meal with a soft drink and chips. The large cup that they gave us confirmed me to waste some of the soft drink, since I don't really support on soft drink. Coke was the choice, I don't have much choice left, do I?

By the time we settled down with the sandwiches on hand, the crowd is getting lesser, we managed to get place to taste SUBWAY sandwiches. Pik Lay said that her mouth was too small to squeeze the sandwich in, and yet this is true, as she being the first to get her sandwich, but end up to finish up the last. Let me correct it this way, she didn’t finish it actually, just manage to put the inner part of the sandwich into her stomach.

Tasting the sandwich was quite ok, because I seldom got the chance to have any turkey breast and turkey ham. A bit careless act from me as I accidentally get my dress "dress up" with a small portion of mustard, and make the dress a little yellow in colour now. I quite like the taste of ham actually, but if buy from supermarket, they are far more expensive that I can pay. Besides, I like mustard too, reminds me of the mustard I took in IKEA some times ago with its expensive hotdog. This is what I called high-class food, which violates my principal to make my life simple and "cheap". I give myself some sort of excuse to come out for lunch, because yesterday dinner I just had maggie mee at home for fetching my dear weak housemate to visit doctor for her food poisoning. And also, today should be a relaxing day, since rollup is being completed yesterday. Leonard like the place and food a lot, this high-class guy will pay them visit very often I guess. The happening and high-class reminds me of Jules. So Chin Leong took out his camera phone to take a picture of his 2nd sandwich for Jules, and of course it's wrapped for Chin Leong's tea later in the evening time. Sorry Jules, unable to let you sneak a look at the sandwiches.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:32 pm, Blogger pik lay said…

    i ate all ok???

     
  • At 8:54 am, Blogger Jin Wen said…

    No... you left the bread and some vege, hehe!!

     
  • At 10:18 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    wooo...so happening eh?...eat Subway. My last subway was 6 years ago! Wait for me to come back, we makan subway every day.

     
  • At 11:58 am, Blogger Jin Wen said…

    Wait you ar?? I think you can go with leonard. He says the same thing: go eat everday...
    I got no eye see you both :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home