Jlaw's Philosophy

Friday, August 04, 2006

Superb Dinner

What a superb dinner that we had!! Nowadays homely and happening. What I'm trying to say is that when post-Julian era comes, we did changed. Although still some happening factors in us, but we're now homely. Before this we had cooking thrice, and yesterday night is another home day, thanks to Carment. It’s all because of the chicken soup that she cooked for us with all those Chinese medicines in it.

I bought cream dory fillets from Giant after work with a lemon and a bottle of plum sauce. Yes, cooking from me again, I wanted to make “Lemon Fish”. This would be my first try. The cashier was a bit blur case, I found out after I was back to my apartment. Three items that were supposed to be charged into the bill, but when I looked at the receipt clearly, my lemon was given FREE. Anyhow it’s only 89 cents, you won’t want to go back there and pay them right? Hehe…

Alright, with ingredients on my hand, I defrosted the fillets and mix them with lemon juice. It’s a big mess since my so-called kitchen was least likely a kitchen, with everything limited. Luckily there was no one at home, leaving me alone. I can still take my own sweet time. When I started to fry fillets, of course the kitchen became oily. Quite a long time I took for frying, with hot plate and a pot. When I almost finish my cook, guests were knocking door and complaining that I’m too busy cooking and don’t want to let them in. Sorry for that guys =P

It was not enough for Carment, Wee Meng, Leonard and I with my cook. As in the plan, three of them went to the night market, which is in the walking distance from my apartment. They took quite some time to “shop” in the night market. With the shopping queen and shopping king there, it was really lots of food that I finally had in the house. Guess what? We had chicken soup, cream dory fillet, vege (as limited as Leonard’s cook. Don’t blame, it’s leftover from the day before), 2 packs tomato rice, 3 packs of fried mee, satays, murtabak, percik chicken, fried cempedak and drinks. Dude, total of 9 different types of food! Feeling fainted a bit with all their “hard effort”.

Right now, finishing the food was a challenge. I started with 2 bowls of chicken soup, and it filled my stomach almost half. Maybe it’s just a feeling… After that I still can finish a pack of fried mee, 5 satays, half piece of murtabak, 2 small pieces of dory fillet and also my Loh Hon Guo. It was superb meal, with superb friends. Everyone of us can’t really move much with such a full stomach. Leonard, the pity still need to finish up his percik chicken, and left the last one take away for supper. Carment, the girlish, had the least, as she’s the girl. She can’t really eat much as usual, this was being forgiven. Wee Meng, washed all the plates and bowls, and finished up Carment’s last-called chicken soup.

I had a great time. Just that this morning when I wake up, I’m very very hungry. Yesterday dinner was just too much. A superb meal with superb friends…

2 Comments:

  • At 4:12 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    U robbed Giant of 89 cents. You should feel very very very guilty. I hope the guilt haunts u every night!!!!

     
  • At 10:15 am, Blogger Jin Wen said…

    I didn't rob anything. The cashier made the mistake not me. I didn't intent to get that for free. Blame me like that...no good :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home