Jlaw's Philosophy

Monday, August 07, 2006

Stupid Bus

Yes, I'm still mad, full with anger. Can you imagine that I’ve been spending 7 hours just to have myself travel from KL to Penang? It’s ridiculous, but yet it happened.

I’ve reached Pudu Bus Station at 4.20pm for my 4.30pm bus to Penang. Alright, it’s a bit rush since I’ve to arrange my return ticket for my next trip. It’s just a big stupid thing that those buses company cannot allow people to buy ticket from KL to Penang at Penang. Why can’t they just upgrade to online service since they gain so much from the customers? Well, I wished to buy Konsortium bus tickets for 28th Aug, but unfortunately the queue was too long and the Gunung Raya counter girl was rushing me to wait at the platform where she claimed that the bus was waiting there. Alright, so I’ve no choice but just to purchase my bus ticket at Gunung Raya since I’m already there.

I was not having bad temper that time, so I waited at the said platform. Wait and wait, and time go by. Waited till 5pm, and yet I don’t see any bus with plat number 9411. I took the trouble to climb up the staircase and went to the bus counter again. She said nothing much to me and busy arranging something else. In a while, she returned to me with a new arrangement. When I think back now, I don’t know what to say with this arrangement. Maybe it was fate that I need to go trough these. She explained to me that the bus went down, and she arranged me to be transferred to another bus at 5.30pm. See what, this means I’ve to stay at Pudu Bus Station for an hour doing nothing but wait. Never mind, this is minor problem since I’ve been waiting for 1.5hours last time for Konsortium, I can tolerate a bit with this.

My tolerance doesn’t seem to bring me a better luck. I’ve got the last seat, end of the bus. I can’t complain anything because I’m the one getting transferred. I think I still can cope with this. So I just took the seat and start to sleep as usual. Later I woke up and found that the bus was heading to Slim River at around 7pm. Oh my, I can forecast what’s going on now…

Just a while after the bus paid the toll, turned right at the traffic junction and then I can see a bus in front of an Islamic restaurant. And yes, I was correct, I wished I was not that clever that time L This stupid bus driver drove us to the restaurant and spent us 40 minutes there. You might not believe it, but when the bus heading towards the restaurant, I got a strong feeling of devil smiling: “Welcome to the Dark World!” This is the restaurant where I’ve heard long time that they serve sucks food with high price, and they even charge you for toilet! Can someone just explain to me why that the bus driver stopped there, when there is nice furnished place at Tapah or other rest house along the journey, with free toilet fee?? I’ve made a guess, it’s just that the restaurant owner gave them some benefits such as a meal + 2 packs of cigarettes. Shame of the drivers!! Unprofessional at all. Only 4 passengers went down to buy something, 2 with chips and 2 with packed rice, and all of us need to wait for 40 minutes, and I think it’s just too much.

Alright, struggling with the time waste, at 7.40pm journey continues, and I was hoping that I’m not that bad luck. The speed was not fast, in deed I feel that it is slow. At 9pm, bus reached Ipoh and I started to worry. If I’m not mistaken, it would probably 11pm when the bus reach Butterworth and it would be 11.30pm till the bus reach Penang. Why I have such a “brilliant” brain to say on this?? Why it came out to be that true?? Anyhow, after we set off from Butterworth, I managed to shift my seat to the front. Suddenly I heard a woman with two children beside her scolding something. She was actually annoyed and complaining that the bus company has been cheating for giving her a bus which is not going to Penang directly. Moreover, it is spending 40 minutes at some stupid place and wasting the passenger’s time. They were actually had a fight and the woman keep on scolding stupid and cheating. The driver fight back saying: “Counter and driver are different. Driver is the one who driving and you should ask the driver but not the counter.” “How are we supposed to see the driver in prior purchasing our bus tickets at the counter??” See, the consumers are always right. Driver was so stupid and unreasonable to provide such an excuse.

Penang at 11.30pm, the Penang Bridge does remind me of the marathon a week before. Bus took 7 minutes and 42 seconds to get passed the bridge, and I’ve used up 2 hours to walk through it. I’m still angry but not till the peak until I realize that Carment, who was in the 6.15pm Konsortium bus, reached Penang in 4 hours time. I don’t know if anyone can feel my anger. This is just too unfair! With that extra 3 hours I can do other more valuable activities, but yet it only comes out with 3 hours or extra waiting. Shit!! Can I report to the press and complain?? Will this benefit me next time?!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:16 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Go ahead and write to the press.

    Dont get so angry dude...relaxlah. TOld you not to take noon bus..:P

     
  • At 6:19 pm, Blogger Jin Wen said…

    Again...teasing... :'(
    Why still wanna bully me... I'm bad luck enough already, k?

     
  • At 11:14 pm, Blogger pik lay said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:17 pm, Blogger pik lay said…

    i think you forgot to talk bout the KFC part..

     
  • At 12:25 am, Blogger rukawa said…

    wah jlaw, you write chinese, then english version. Very geng. Can really feel your anger now. Anyway, hope you feel better now.

     
  • At 9:40 am, Blogger Jin Wen said…

    Hehe~~ you know... somebody dunno read chinese one, so need to do something to benefit people. But, a bit sienz writing in two languages oh~~ I shall slow down =p

     

Post a Comment

<< Home