Jlaw's Philosophy

Friday, August 18, 2006

Supple

I don’t know if I’ve used the word ‘supple’ correctly. One good point on practicing in the English blogging is to improve on my written language, although I still don’t understand when to use those present, past and future tenses. Alright, now I learn a new word – supple. So good to have translator :)

This is about the Modern Jazz class that I’ve attended yesterday. It is some kind of fitness program by Intel. I wanted to join dancing class long time ago. But then, when I first come in, I was much stingier than what I am now, not willing to spend money on these. When I started to change my mind later, the class was half way in a new song, which I think better not to interrupt the class and embarrass myself.

It happened to be a coincidence for me to know that yesterday the class got to dance on a new song, so I’ve just got myself in the class with Soek Junn, Suet Sun and Lan Sin. Lan Sin just happened to be waiting for some friends for dinner till 8pm, so she heard that I was going to join the class, and decided to join the crowd. In the class, we met Fang Fang, and later Sheau Yiing and Pik Lay. 7 of us, with Soek Junn as the senior in Modern Jazz.

The class was nice. The instructor considered a lot of the attendees were new to Modern Jazz, she have started the class with some simple steps with simple songs. Only one of the members is a guy, and I heard that he’s there to court the instructor. Though he’s a funny one, and everyone in the class talked freely, maintaining the friendly environment.

It was not a tough class to me, since I’ve learned on Ballet, Chinese dance and Modern dance previously. However, this is almost 8 years after my last dancing performance during form 3 studies. Actually, I’m quite happy to get into the dancing world once again. Sweat is worthy there, and I enjoyed looking at myself (elegant look haha~~) improving in front of the big mirror. Dancing always a nice sport to practice, I enjoyed both the dancing steps and the music. Counting on the tempo, starting with 1, 2, 3, 4, until a day when you’re able to perform confidently in front of everyone. Maybe I’m the kind of person who like stage performance, it’s nice being on the stage performing :P Missed the time~

2 Comments:

  • At 5:34 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good, u should go more often so that u can wear cheong sam.

    Guy going for modern jazz just to go after the instructor? Hmm....damn goood sacrifice!!

     
  • At 9:28 am, Blogger Jin Wen said…

    Go modern jazz to train up for cheong sam? No way!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home